Triple Chocolate Drop Cookies
Recipe type: dessert
An easy drop cookie filled with the rich flavor of three levels of chocolate-- perfect with a glass of icy cold milk or a steaming mug of coffee.
- ½ cup butter (straight out of the fridge is fine)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semisweet chips (I used the "minis" for some texture variety)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar for one minute.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Mix to combine.
- Add in flour a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Fold in both varieties of chocolate chips.
- (Optional: chill dough for one hour. Chilling the dough creates "rounder" cookies and the dough will be less sticky. It is not required, however.)
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets. (I lined mine with a silpat, but the butter content should keep them from sticking, anyhow.)
- Bake 4 minutes on lower rack, then move to upper rack and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
- Let sit for a few minutes before removing cookies from cookie sheet onto cooling racks or brown paper.