Cranberry salsa is one of my favorite seasonal treats. Bright, tangy, and exploding with flavor, it’s such a fun twist on the more typical tomato variety.
Paired with sharp white cheddar and a crispy cracker base, the salsa is the shining star in this quick, delicious, no-cook appetizer. Make the salsa ahead and you can have a tray of pretty little appetizers ready to go in minutes.
- ½ onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 30 crackers
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar, cut into 30 slices
- In food processor, pulse all ingredients except crackers and cheddar until chopped and well-combined. Allow to sit in refrigerator for 30 min to 24 hr to allow flavors to combine.
- Assemble appetizer bites by laying out crackers, topping each with a slice of white cheddar, then spooning one teaspoon of cranberry salsa on top. Serve at room temperature.
Give it a try! I truly believe cranberry salsa will be a hit at your next holiday gathering.
After you give these a try, be sure to pop around and check out more tasty holiday treats!
Nutter Butter Snowman Cookies from Mom’s Tool Box
Cherry Snowball Christmas Cookies from I’m an Organizing Junkie
Chocolate Chunk Toasted Pecan Oatmeal Cookies from Life Your Way
Chocolate Peanut Brittle from The Happy Housewife
Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Trifle from Mom Endeavors
Double Chocolate Candy Bar Pretzel Bark from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
Easy Black Currant Scones from Good Cheap Eats
Frozen Inspired Vanilla Raspberry Bites from Bargain Briana
Gumdrops from Hoosier Homemade
Microwave Caramel Corn from Ashley Pichea
Old Fashioned Christmas Cookies from Mommy Hates Cooking
Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow from Smockity Frocks
Sugar Cookies for Dummies from Happy Little Homemaker
The World’s Easiest Christmas Candy Ever from Money Saving Mom
Bacon and Spinach Frittata Bites from Life as MOM
Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus from Jo-Lynne Shane
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts from The Finer Things in Life
Black Bean and Avocado Salad from Kitchen Stewardship
Cheesy Pesto Crescent Bites from Andrea Dekker
Easy Cheesy Vidalia Onion Dip from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Homemade Sausage Balls from The Humbled Homemaker
Kale Spinach Bites from For the Love Of
Spiced Nuts from Modern Mrs. Darcy
Toasted Pecans from My Blessed Life
Trio of Cream Cheese Appetizers from Eat at Home Cooks