Cook up a hearty, satisfying meal to feed a crowd that only leaves you one pan to wash. This Skillet Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is a family pleaser and frees you up to spend your time having fun instead of scrubbing pots!
- 1 pound ground beef (I like to use very lean beef for this one.)
- 1½ medium onions (or 1 large onion), diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water (approximately-- this is not an exact science, but three generally works well for me)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 pound (16 oz) uncooked thin spaghetti noodles, broken in thirds
- Using the biggest skillet you have-- preferably one with a lid-- brown the ground beef, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper over med-high heat. Drain grease, if necessary, but, if you use very lean ground beef, you can skip this. (That's what I do.)
- Leave all that in the pan and add ALL remaining ingredients.
- Bring up to a bubble, then reduce heat to med-low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes until most liquid is absorbed and the spaghetti is tender.
And that’s it! This recipe is wildly easy, but the sauce is rich and flavorful. I love quick, easy dishes that the whole family enjoys. Even more, I love dinners that free me up from dish-washing to go enjoy time with my people!