Is it just me or do kids seem to have an awful lot of activites these days? I swear. My kids don’t even participate in that many different things, but, by time we add in school, a sport, church school, and maybe a club here and there, it feels like we’re running all over God’s green earth.
As a result, I am frequently tossing fruit, nuts, or string cheese at them as we head from one thing to the next, in an effort to just get some sort of food in them. When we can, however, I love to indulge them with a special, sweet treat. Delicious baked goodies make me feel nostalgic for my own mom’s old avocado green ceramic cookie jar from the 80s.
Because we’re so often living the go-go-go lifestyle as the school year kicks off, I don’t mind accepting a little help! This fun treat starts with a boxed mixed, but becomes special with just a few simple added touches.
Let’s get baking!
- 1 box HERSHEY'S S'mores Bars baking mix
- 1 egg + butter and vegetable oil to combine with mix
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips (plus a smidge of shortening, if you have trouble getting a smooth melt)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray fun-shaped cupcake pan(s) with cooking spray. (I used a silicone heart pan and sprayed it just for assurance of easy removal!)
- Melt butter and mix with graham cracker mix. Press evenly into 10 cupcake spaces.
- Mix up remaining batter mix according to package directions. Spoon evenly over the graham cracker "crusts."
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until baked through.
- Allow to cool in pan(s) at least 10 minutes, before removing to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips. (Microwave on medium for 30 sec. intervals, stirring between each, until smooth.)
- Use small spoon or the tines of a fork to drizzle white chocolate in a zig-zag pattern over your s'mores treats.
Disclosure: The information and prize pack used to facilitate writing of this post have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.