It’s been awhile since I shared my grocery shopping! I did another “medium” shop this week, so I thought we’d take a look at that together. Sound like a plan? Here we go!
So, the first place I shopped this week was our tiny local market. You know, the kind of place where there’s one cashier, local produce, and every other person you run into is someone from church? Yep, that place. Along with all those nifty features, there are also crazy high prices. For this reason, I don’t shop there a lot. However, from time to time, I catch the good sales and sometimes match some coupons and it winds up being a smart place to shop.
Here’s what I got:
.86# green peppers
1.85# broccoli crowns
1.05# Virginia deli ham
2 boxes granola bars
2 8-packs Honest Kids organic juice pouches
8# white sugar
Everything else I picked up this week came from ALDI. I was kicking myself for forgetting to grab unbleached flour at the market, because that is one item I regularly lament being unable to find at my beloved ALDI. Alas, I snagged the regular bleached variety to get us through, but it’s definitely not my preference.
Here’s the rundown!
- 3 dozen eggs
- 2 gallons milk (<– this has gone up 70 cents a gallon over the last month… yikes!)
- 64 oz. OJ (<– can we talk about why orange juice is always in the dairy case??)
- 8 oz. sliced colby jack (<– buying pre-sliced real cheese helps me resist buying those super easy-to-use, but bad-for-you processed slices )
- 8 oz. jalapeno yogurt cheese
- spreadable herbed cheese wedges
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar
- 1 quart vanilla yogurt
- 2# popcorn
- 2 loaves bread
- 5# flour
- 1 10-pk soft taco size tortillas (<– I use these for burritos. Easier for the kids.)
- 1# organic linguine
- 2.5# bananas
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets (<– I use these in my eggs nearly every day.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2# grapes
- 2 packages organic baby spinach
- 1 package organic baby kale
- 3 jars natural peanut butter (<– still sweetened, just a slightly better ingredient list)
- 2# dry great Northern beans
- 2 cans great Northern beans (because soaking/cooking takes awhile– ha!)
- 8 oz. imitation crab meat
- 3# frozen chicken breasts
- box of individual almond packs (<– these are convenient and, well, they were clearanced!)
- ranch dressing
- French dressing
- 4-cheese vinaigrette
- sandwich bags
- laundry detergent
- 3 bags of chips (<– of course!!! There’s a reason I’m happily married! )
Total spent at ALDI: $72.27
So that’s where we’re at. I’m in very good shape to feed us through this week and I’m stashing some things aside for when school starts at the end of this month. I want G’s first lunch away from me (at kindergarten) to be a fun one!
How’s grocery shopping been going for you? Any price increases cramping your style?