Cookies & Cream Rice Crispy Treats
Recipe type: dessert
This no-bake, crowd-pleasing treat comes together in a jiffy with simple ingredients you can find just about anywhere.
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 10 oreo-type cookies, crushed
- (for topping)
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 6 oreo-type cookies, crushed
- Grease 9"x13" pan.
- Melt butter. Stir in marshmallows and continue heating on low until entire mixture is smooth.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated.
- Fold in crushed cookies.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Pour white chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and melt, using medium power and stirring every thirty seconds. Once smooth, pour over rice crispy treats and spread with spatula over surface.
- Sprinkle additional crushed cookies over the surface and press in gently with your fingers so they "stick" to the white chocolate.
- Allow to cool before cutting, about 15 minutes.