Our laptop is dead.
I really want to cry, but it won’t fix anything.
Out desktop’s been dead for some time now, a fact I could easily ignore since I way preferred the Macbook, anyway. I can no longer ignore it.
People? Being a blogger without a computer is no fun at all. Not one bit of fun.
I held out hope. We gave it time. Consulted multiple people. Looked into options. In the end, it would cost $750 to get a four year old computer repaired and guaranteed for a whopping 90 days. Really?
We’re going to need to buy a new computer. And I’m hoping you all can help me, because technology and electronics make my eyes glaze over…
I’ll give you some info and you tell me what to buy, ‘k?
1. I adore Macs, but I can’t afford another one right now. Seriously. So please don’t suggest it. It just make me sad. I know, I know… they’re awesome. But they’re also just too pricey right now. Boo hoo.
2. I would prefer another laptop. I blog on the fly, with little people underfoot. A desktop just didn’t fit my current season very well.
3. I NEED a keyboard. I’m not at all cool with blogging on a phone or tablet. I know how to type, properly and fast, and touchscreens annoy the living heck out of me.
4. I don’t care about screen size or resolution or anything particularly fancy. I’m not doing any super fancy editing here, friends, so I’m fine with the basics.
5. Price matters. The cheaper the better. Really. I’m inwardly cringing about this purchase already. Sigh…
6. And, finally, I am married to a man who does not like used or refurbished things. You can make arguments all day and I’ll listen and nod, but, at the end of the day, I’m the one whose husband objects. You’ll have to trust me when I say that he and I have gone round and round on this topic enough times now and I have deemed it no longer worth it. I’m not going to fight with my husband over it. So– let’s all just assume I’ll be getting something new, okay?
So there you go. Help a girl out? I seriously miss writing more substantial posts and being able to better interact.
Tell me… what should be my next computer?