Orange Ginger Granola
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
This bright, zingy granola has the perfect blend of flavor and crunch. We love it with yogurt for breakfast or as a quick snack.
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup oil (I use olive or coconut)
- ¾ cup sugar (white or brown is fine)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 drops orange essential oil OR 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ½ -- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, depending on taste preference
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Pour oats in a large cake pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over med-med/high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring constantly, for another minute or two.
- Pour the resulting "syrup" over oats and stir well to coat.
- Bake coated oats for 30 minutes, stirring well after each 10 minute increment.
- Allow to cool before serving or packaging.