Vanilla Blackberry Oven Pancake
Recipe type: Breakfast
This quick-to-make oven pancake is bursting with fresh berries and plates up prettily, while taking very little effort. If you like to feel indulgent without the time or pricey ingredients, this is a great recipe to have up your sleeve.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I use unbleached.)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blackberries, washed
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients (milk, water, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.)
- Stir until well-mixed. Batter will remain a bit lumpy.
- Pour into greased or parchment-lined jelly roll pan. (Mine is about 15" x 11".)
- Using fingers, scatter the blackberries evenly over the surface. They'll sink a bit, but don't press them in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until pancake springs back like a cake would.
- Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with powdered sugar.