There’s no law that pizzas must be topped with pizza sauce! This fun version takes all the best of a barbecue pork sandwich and turns it into a pizza.
It always blows my mind a little bit when I hear about people who always order the same.exact.pizza every single week. “One large pepperoni and mushroom, please!”
It’s not that there’s anything inherently wrong with that, certainly. It’s just that there are so many amazing sauce and topping combos out there that I can’t even imagine committing to just one (or two)!
This recipe takes all the flavors and garnishes typically associated with a barbecue pork sandwich and works them into a pizza. Yum!
Barbecue Pork Pizza
- 1 batch of pizza dough (your shopping list includes everything you need to make this, too)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dill pickle chips
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 pork chop, cut into small strips and sauteed (you prepped this right here)
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 425. Grease (or sprinkle with corn meal) a 16″ pizza pan.
2. Pat and stretch dough to fully cover pizza pan. (You can toss it with your hands or roll with a rolling pin, if you prefer. I’m a “pat and stretch” kind of girl, myself.)
3. Pour on barbecue sauce and use rubber spatula to spread all over the top of the crust dough.
4. Sprinkle on about half the cheese.
5. Scatter pork strips, pickles, and red onions evenly over the pizza.
6. Top with remaining cheese.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to sit for about two minutes before slicing; this will minimize the toppings slipping off.