I am such a huge fan of making do with what we have. So, when I see a few partial bags of marshmallows laying around– but no Rice Krispies or the like– I don’t go to the store. I keep looking around.
Ah hah. Popcorn. Well, now, that could work!
And it did.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped in your preferred method (then just set it aside)
- 8 oz. marshmallows*
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Pop popcorn and pour into large bowl. Set aside.
2. Add marshmallows and butter to large pan and melt over low-med heat.
3. Once completely smooth, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
5. Press into shaped muffin pans (mine are silicone) to form individual shaped treats or, if you don’t have them or the time for that, feel free to just press into a 9″x13″ pan:
*I used some pink ones leftover from a holiday mix and a few white ones. Use whatever you have. You can always tint with food coloring, if you’re looking for a festive touch like I was with these Valentine’s treats.
Happy Valentine’s Day! (a wee bit early)