Well, hi. If this post comes across somewhat disjointed, let’s just blame it on the fever, shall we?
Never fear, I got that sucker down with some ibuprofen, tea, and rest. I’m totally fine. But I did get to the point that I read the word “influence” as “influenza”… ah, delirium.
Anyway, since I can’t really put coherent thoughts together right now, I figured I’d just toss the ball in your court and pick your brains for awhile…
In my entire lifetime, I have owned two eyeliners. No, no, not two BRANDS or two TYPES… two, total. They were both by Revlon (I think) and I got them on clearance at Target back in 2005. Yes, really.
They served their purpose. They helped us create Dr. Wilson:
And a baby leopard:
(I can’t rotate that pic for the life of me– my apologies.)
I may have even lined my eyes with them once or twice.
(again, NOT naked people– just wearing a strapless maxi dress)
They’re gone now. And that’s fine. I really had no business putting those things so close to my eyes after so many years anyhow.
But I’m thinking I might like to buy some eyeliner. You know, just for fun, now and then. I don’t wear much eye makeup. I truly was born with some bright eyes and dark lashes and that does help. Here I am:
But I’d like to have the option to play them up more, every now and again. And here’s where you come in. What eyeliner can you recommend to me?
- My eyes are blue-green– kind of teal, really.
- My eyes are big and deep-set– it is unlikely that I will line my upper lashes because you can’t see them well, anyhow.
- I wear contacts. (They are not colored, despite what people sometimes think.)
- My skin is fair, but not terribly sensitive.
- I’m pretty good about washing off makeup, but I really can’t stand fussing with special remover creams and potions.
What have you got for me, oh brilliant ones? Any suggestions?