Ever curious how your local NICU measures up against the rest of the nation? Wondering if that AMAZING hospital that saved your baby looks as good on paper as it did in real life?
Well, this one’s for you. According to U.S. New & World Report, these are the current front-runners when it comes to United States NICUs:
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital (Cleveland)
- Children’s National Medical Center (Washington D.C.)
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
You can see all the way up to #51 right here, if you’re interested.
As always, it’s important to note that just because a hospital isn’t in the top ten– or maybe even the top 50– this does not mean it’s not a great hospital. Historically, some commenters have gotten a little irked when I post these things and their beloved NICUs aren’t on the list.
I do believe it’s safe to say that those hospitals topping the charts clearly do have exceptional NICUs and are doing a great job. This does not mean others are not also excelling.
Lots of these hospitals are repeats from last year’s list– they just moved around a bit in terms of ranking. Once again, I am delighted to see how well-represented all regions of our country are!