Chicken, Broccoli, & Garlic White Pizza
Oh, my friends…
I adore pizza. I really do. Like, really really. If pizza were a boy and we were in junior high, I would LIKE LIKE it. I have strong feelings about pizza.
The only way I don’t enjoy pizza? The same way over and over again. No offense to those of you who have an “old stand-by” but, around these parts, I serve up different styles and toppings constantly. And, while I love a traditional red pizza sauce, I also enjoy the variety of a white pizza now and again.
Ready? Here’s how I made this one:
- One batch of pizza dough (I made this the night before and just stuck it, covered, in the fridge. It was perfectly ready for me the next day.)
- approx. 1 1/2 cups ricotta or cottage cheese (Ricotta is better. Cottage is cheaper and readily available. This time, I had cottage. Either yields good results.)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup chicken bits (I used the ones I prepped here. Are you counting? This is meal number five that we’ve made out of five chicken breasts!)
- 1/2 bag frozen broccoli florets (Mine were partially thawed, which was helpful for the larger chunks that I wanted to cut smaller. It’s not really necessary though.)
Preheat oven to 450. (Back up a bit when you first open that hot oven or you might just feel your eyelashes curl. Ask me how I know…) Roll or stretch dough to cover pizza pan. Spread cottage cheese (ricotta) like a sauce over the crust. Sprinkle minced garlic evenly over the surface. Top with half of shredded mozzarella. Scatter broccoli and chicken evenly over the mozzarella, then top with remaining mozz. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese gets how you like it- I like it just a bit golden.
I use a large pizza pan- 16″ diameter- and this pizza fed my family of five. There were NO leftovers and, truth be told, I probably would have eaten another piece if there’d been more. But we were all full enough and content. On the bright side, we had room for the homemade brownies I’d baked.
I hope these recipes are encouraging to you! I have a real passion for creating delicious meals that aren’t heavy on any pricey ingredients.