Parents Magazine published a list of the “10 Best Children’s Hospitals” in their February 2009 issue. Included in this article was a breakdown of the best hospitals for six crucial specialty areas. One of these was Neonatal Care. According to their judges, here are the top five NICU’s in the nation:
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, Cleveland
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
If you live in or near Philadelphia, count yourself doubly lucky because their children’s hospital also came in as #1 overall. I was not surprised to see Riley on the list; I’ve mentioned many times what an outstanding NICU they have. I was fascinated and encouraged by what other hospitals on the list are doing to ensure incredible care for our children.
To read more about who made the lists and why, please visit Parents online!